Tata Centre’s facilities include the Product Realisation Lab and an additional facility renovated at the F1 Shed.
Product Realisation Lab: The Product Realisation Lab boasts of state-of- the-art fabrication equipment and enables students from varied disciplines to avail of its facilities. Access to the Lab is given to the Tata Fellows, the project staff, IIT students, students who have been part of prototype-making competitions like Kalpana and other events organised by the Tata Centre, and lastly, any other college student. With simple lab protocol, the lab’s extensive collection now includes an array of equipment and machines in the Mechanical and in the Electronics section. This list keeps getting upgraded as per the requirement of the various project activities. From 3D printers to the Wood Router from ShopBot, the lab’s extensive collection includes them all! A medley of power and hand tools include additive and subtractive devices, lathes and cutting machines, hammers, spanners and files, prove essential in a resource-constrained setting.
F1 Shed: This facility has been put up to assist several of Tata Centre’s project activities. This space gives scope to the lab work in various research projects and helps to develop the culture for hands-on practice and fabrication. The activities include organic mushroom farming, gasifier research, jaggery setup, cotton stalk research, coco-bean fermentation research and other food-related activities. This enclosure is also stocked with some sizeable electronic equipment that aid the project work and related activities.
• 100 MHz Bandwidth Models
• Up to 1 GS/s Sample Rate on All Channels
• 2.5k point Record Length on All Channels
• Advanced Triggers including Pulse Width Trigger and Line-selectable Video Trigger
The Tektronix TBS1104 100 MHz Bandwidth, 1 GS/s Sample Rate, 4-Channel Digital Storage Oscilloscope provides you with affordable performance in a compact design. Packed with standard features – including USB connectivity, 16 automated measurements, limit testing, data-logging, and context-sensitive help; the Tektronix TBS1104 100 MHz Bandwidth, 4-Channel Digital Storage Oscilloscope help you get more done, in less time. With up to 100 MHz bandwidth and 1GS/s maximum sample rate, no other digital storage oscilloscope offers as much bandwidth and sample rate for the price. Tektronix proprietary sampling technology provides real-time sampling with the stated sampling rate on all channels, all the time to accurately capture your signals. Sampling performance is not reduced when using multiple channels.
• Digital Self-Contained Multi-Channel Rework Station - 120 V / 300 W
• 2 Independent tool channels with automatic tool recognition
• Simultaneous use of multiple tools (2) - 15 tool options possible
• Self-contained vacuum and air
• Programmable temperatures
For rework and repair of printed circuit boards (PCBs), a station that allows to perform both soldering and desoldering operations at the same time and soldering and hot air tasks. With its two channel design, it offers superior performance at an affordable price. These tools allow operators to work more efficiently both in terms of time and energy as well as helping to extend tip lifetime. The two channels of the WR 2 power unit allows up to 78 combinations of soldering, desoldering, non-contact hot air, pre-heat, or solder bath functions. Two tools can be operated simultaneously as long as the total power of the two tools does not exceed 300 watts. In addition, to save on power consumption, an ECO function on the unit allows the tools to go into a ‘sleep mode’ when not in use.
• 13 built-in measurement functions
• 2000 readings/second at 4-1/2 digits
• Optional scanner cards for multipoint measurements
• GPIB and RS-232 interfaces
• Fluke 8840/42 command set
• DC voltage from 0.1μ V to 1000V.
• AC (RMS) voltage from 0.1μV to 750V, 1000V peak.
Keithley 2000 is a 6½ -digit high-performance digital multimeter. It has 0.002% 90-day basic DC voltage accuracy and 0.008% 90-day basic resistance accuracy. At 6½ digits, the multimeter delivers 50 triggered readings/sec over the IEEE-488 bus. At 4½ digits, it can read up to 2000 readings/sec into its internal buffer.
• Measures rotational and surface speed
• User selectable units for contact measurement: RPM, m/min, ft/min, yd/min
• Non-contact measurement in RPM
• Digital display
• Auto power off function
• Easy to select units and mode functions
Tach-10 contact/ noncontact tachometer is Universal, economical tachometer measuring rotational or surface speed either in contact or non-contact way. Widely used to measure rotational speed of motors, conveyer belts and other moving or rotating systems.
• Active Differential Preamplifie
• 10μV/div Sensitivity
• Typically 100 dB CMRR DC to 10 kHz
• Integral Probe Power with TEKPROBE™ BN
The ADA400A Differential Preamplifier allows direct oscilloscope measurements of very low amplitude voltages and signals which are not ground referenced. The high impedance of both inputs eliminates the need to add additional ground points in the DUT, thereby avoiding circulatingcurrents which disturb the measurement or the circuit.
• Dual-channel, 25 MHz sine wave, and 12.5 MHz square/pulse wave provides a cost effective solution for basic education and other applications
• 125 MS/s sampling rate and 14-bit vertical resolution enable great signal fidelity
• 1 mVp-p to 10 Vp-p output amplitude over the whole frequency range
• The intuitive user interface shortens the learning curve for students and other users
• 2 to 8,192-point length of memory for user-defined arbitrary waveforms
• 64-MByte internal non-volatile memory for arbitrary waveform storage
The AFG1022 Arbitrary Function Generator provides a waveform generation tool with the best price performance ratio. It includes dual channel, 25 MHz bandwidth and up-to 10 Vp-p output amplitude. The four run modes, 50 built-in frequently-used waveforms and the built-in 200 MHz frequency counter cover most waveform generation needs in your experiment and test jobs. The 3.95-inch TFT LCD, short-cut buttons, USB interface and PC software provide the most intuitive ways to configure the instrument.
• Measuring Range to 200000 Lux or 20000 Foot candles
• Silicon photodiode sensor and filter
• Data Hold to freeze reading on the digital display
• MAX ability to show high readings
• Includes protective sensor cap
The Amprobe LM-100 light meter measures the visible light from fluorescent, metal halide, high-pressure sodium or incandescent sources. It is a portable, easy-to-use digital light meter designed for simple one-hand operation reading in Lumen (lux) or footcandle (fc) units. The LM-100 measures a wide range of light up to 20,000 fc or lux with an accurate, high resolution of 0.01 fc/lux
• Auto- and manual-ranging, datalogging digital multimeter measures voltage, current, resistance, frequency, capacitance, temperature, conductance, pulse width, and duty cycle
• True RMS meter provides accurate readings when measuring linear or nonlinear loads where the current or voltage has a sinusoidal or nonsinusoidal waveform
• Datalogging features include minimum, maximum, and average, on-screen graphing, real-time clock, data hold, and data export to a computer
• Backlit LCD displays multiple measurements simultaneously and plots measurements on a single line to detect signal anomalies over time
• Specifications include European Conformity (CE) marking, UL, CSA, IEC safety standard 61010 and is certified for Category I installations up to 1000V and Category II installations up to 300V, IEC/EN 61010-1 2nd edition for 1 meter drop
The Fluke 287 True-rms Electronics Logging Multimeter helps to solve complex problems in electronics, plant automation, power distribution, and electro-mechanical equipment, this high-performance multimeter quickly documents design performance and graphically displays what happened, helping minimize downtime.
• iFlex® Flexible Current Probe expands the measurement range to 2500 A AC
• CAT IV 600 V, CAT III 1000 V
• True RMS AC voltage and current for accurate measurements on non-linear signals
• Min, max, average and Inrush recording to capture variations automatically
• Integrated low pass filter and state-of-the-art signal processing allows for use in noisy electrical environments while providing stable readings
• Proprietary Inrush measurement technology to filter out noise and capture motor starting current exactly as the circuit protection sees it
The Fluke 376 Clamp Meter offers improved performance perfect for a wide range of current measurement situations. With true-rms voltage and current measurements, the Fluke 376 can read up to 1000 V and 1000 A in both ac and dc modes. Additionally, the Fluke 376 includes the new iFlex™ flexible current probe, which expands the measurement range to 2500 A ac while providing increased display flexibility, ability to measure around awkward sized conductors and improved wire access. The Fluke 376 is the direct replacement for the Fluke 337 Clamp Meter.
• Three Independent, Isolated Output
• CH1/CH2 Output: 30V / 3A
• CH3 Voltage Selectable Output: ( +2.5V / 3.3V / 5.0V ) / 3A (Fixed)
• Series / Parallel Tracking Mode
• High Resolution Display ：1mV / 1mA (For GPD-3303S)
• 100mV 10mA (For GPD-3303D)
• Digital Panel Control（Rotary Encoder Switch, Rubber key with indicator）
• 4 Sets SAVE / RECALL panel setting
The GPD-X303 Series offers digital panel control, large display, bright LED indicators, high output resolution, 4 sets of setup memory, USB remote control and smart cooling fan control. Additionally, the GPD-X303S Series provide easy operation, a wide selection of panel setting and operation, a wide selection of panel settings. All these features make the GPD-X303 Series the most promising new comer in the power supply market.
• Basic Accuracy 0.05%
• Measurement functions L,C, R, |Z|, X, |Y|, G, B, D, Q, Î˜, Î”, M, N
• Test frequencies from 20 Hz to 200 kHz
• Up to 12 measurements per second
• Parallel and Series Mode
• Binning and limits for parts sorting (optional)
• Internal programmable voltage and current bias
The Hameg HM8118 LCR testing bridge is programmable testing device that can measure spot-on all types of resistors, inductors and capacitors flawlessly with an astounding briskness. This high performance impedance meter serves well for testing inductors and filters that require a high frequency impedance testing. It provides an optional input of limiting values for an automatic sorting of components. The Hameg HM8118 LCR Bridge is provided with a full graphic LCD for checking the readings. This inductance meter component tester can be converged to desktop or notebook computers to digitise readings.
• 20MSa/s Sampling Rate, 10 bit Vertical Resolution and 4k Point Memory for Arbitrary Waveform
• 1% ~ 99% adjustable duty cycle for Square Waveform
• Waveform Parameter Setting Through Numeric Keypad Entry and Knob Selection
• Amplitude, DC Offset and Other Key Setting Information Shown on the 3.5” LCD Screen Simultaneously
• AM/FM/FSK Modulation, Sweep, and Frequency Counter Functions
The Instek AFG-2125 is a AFG-2100 Series Arbitrary Function Generator a DDS (Direct Digital Synthesized) based signal generator designed to accommodate the Educational and Basic Industrial requirements for an accurate and affordable signal source covering the output of Sine, Square (Pulse), Ramp (Triangle), Noise and Arbitrary waveforms. The 20M Sa/s sampling rate, 10 bit vertical resolution and 4k point memory of the Instek AFG2125 Arbitrary Function Generator provide user with a flexible environment for creating the specific waveform output as needed. The 0.1Hz resolution of Sine, Square and Triangle waveforms and the 1% ~ 99% adjustable duty cycle of Square (Pulse) waveform are the remarkable features to greatly extend its application range in various fields.
• Type: AC/DC
• Mounting: Benchtop
• Other characteristics: triple-output, variable-output
• Output power: 195 W
• Output voltage: Min.: 0 V to Max.: 30 V
The Model 2231A-30-3 Triple Channel DC Power Supply can output a total of 195W of power, providing the power levels needed to energize a wide range of circuits and devices for benchtop work. Two channels can supply up to 30V at 3A each; the third channel can provide up to 5V at 3A. The Model 2231A-30-1 does not compromise on performance or convenience features, offering the versatility and ease of use you need, so it can be the only DC power supply on your bench.
• Standard USB interface for automated testing
• Dual output model with two 30V/1.5A (45W) channels
• All channels are independently controlled and have isolated outputs for maximum flexibility
• Keypad entry allows fast, precise entry of output values
• all channels have remote sensing to ensure that programmed voltage is accurately applied to the load
• two 30V channels can be combined either in series to double output voltage or in parallel to double output current
The Series 2200 Multi-channel Programmable DC Power Supplies combine two and three channels of output power to cost-effectively characterize and test a wide range of devices, circuit boards, modules, and products that require more than one power source. The Model 2220-30-1 supply provides two channels, with each channel capable of outputting up to 30V and up to 1.5A. The Model 2230-30-1 includes two 30V/1.5A channels and adds a 6V channel with up to 5A output for powering digital circuits. The Series 2200 Multi-channel Power Supplies offer an excellent combination of performance, versatility, and ease of use to maximize the information from characterization or test as quickly and as easily as possible. They perform as effectively in automated test systems as they do in manual instrument configurations.
• 6.5 Digit Resolution
• Basic VDC Accuracy of up to 0.0024% (1 yr.)
• 100 mV to 1000 V Voltage Range, with up to 100 nV Resolution
• 100 μA to 10 A Current Range, with up to 100 pA Resolution
• 10 Ω to 1 GΩ Range, with up to 10 μΩ Resolution
• CAT I 1000 V, CAT II 600 V
• Diode and Continuity Testing
The Tektronix DMM4050 6.5 digit bench multimeters pack many different functions and analysis into one instrument, all with exceptional precision and performance.Typical multimeter measurements – volts, ohms, and amps – are made with a basic VDC accuracy of up to 0.0024%, and resolution of 100 pA and 10 μΩ, ensuring you have the performance you need for today’s demanding designs. You can also use the DMM4050 to measure frequency and period, and to perform continuity and diode tests. For additional flexibility, the DMM4050 offers temperature and capacitance measurements.
• High measurement accuracy of 0.05% (basic voltage/current accuracy)
• 1 MHz bandwidth / 1 MS/s sample rate for demanding test requirements
• Up to 600 Vrms voltage input
• Up to 20 Arms current input
• Bright colour graphics display makes instrument setup and data readout easy
• Dual internal current shunts maximize accuracy for high- and low-current measurements
• Application-specific test modes simplify instrument setup and reduce the likelihood of user error
The Tektronix PA1000 is a single-phase, single-channel power analysis solution that is optimized for fast, efficient, and accurate power consumption testing to international standards. It's compact size, DMM-like user-interface, graphical display, and powerful software enable users to quickly visualize, analyze, and document the power consumption efficiency of next-generation devices, including standby power measurements and harmonic analysis.
• 70 MHz bandwidth
• Up to 1 GS/s sample rate on all channels
• 2.5k point record length on all channels
• Advanced triggers including pulse and line-selectable video triggers
• 34 automated measurements
• Dual window FFT, simultaneously monitors both the time and frequency domains
The Tektronix TBS1072B Digital Storage Oscilloscope Series provides you with affordable performance in a compact design. Packed with standard features - including USB connectivity, 34 automated measurements, limit testing, data logging, frequency counter, trend plot and a context-sensitive help menu - the Tektronix TBS1072B Oscilloscopes helps you get more done, in less time. To properly analyse signals you need to make sure that you can see them in enough detail. The Tektronix TBS 1072B comes standard with a 7-inch high resolution TFT display for a clear view of all of your signals and critical on-screen information. The interface is easy to use, provides quick access to all of the oscilloscope functions and includes a high resolution "Pan & Zoom" feature enabling you to see even more signal details of up to 10 times normal resolution.
• Range : 0 to 20 mg/L.
• ATC. Resolution : 0.1 mg/L.
• Pocket size, 13 mm LCD.
• Size : 131 x 70 x 25 mm.
This Digital Dissolved Oxygen Meter is supplied with a polarographic type probe with an incorporated Temp. sensor which serves for precise Dissolved Oxygen ( DO ) and Temp. measurement. Applications for Aquarium, Medical research, Agriculture, Fish hatcheries, Laboratory, Water conditioning, Mining industry, Schools & Colleges, Quality control.
Measure and analyze a wealth of signals in real-time and speed up development and fault finding.
The DL850E ScopeCorder is a powerful portable data acquisition recorder and oscilloscope that can capture and analyze both transient events and trends up to 200 days. Using flexible modular inputs it combines the measurements of electrical signals, physical (sensors) and CAN/ LIN / SENT serial buses and is able to trigger on electrical power related and other calculations in real-time. Choose from 16 types of input module and install up to 8 in a ScopeCorder at a time to configure a ScopeCorder up to 128 channels.
This is a multi-purpose compact machine and can be used for engraving and cutting all kinds of aluminium and PVC materials such as electrical boxes, hole slots, etc.
Capable of scanning and milling, MDX-15/20 is ideal for a variety of product design tasks, including reverse modelling, rapid prototyping, jewellery and model making, and small lot production. Select the spindle tip for state-of-the-art CNC milling, or select the Roland Active Piezo Sensor for precise 3D scanning
The printer features a bright OLED (organic light-emitting diode) screen which allows you can print files directly from SD card. The glass-heated print bed accommodates ABS plastic printing (in addition to PLA filament) and the redesigned hot-end was designed with a smaller hot zone to reduce potential clogs and jams.
The laser creates a beam of light that is used to cut through the material, so there is no part of the laser system in contact with the material. For thinner materials, all Epilog laser systems include an Integrated Vacuum Table to hold down the material. You can print to the laser from a variety of programs, including CorelDraw, AutoCAD , Adobe software Inscape.
A band saw can be used to cut curves, even in thick lumber, such as in creating cabriole legs, to rip lumber and to crosscut short pieces. The most common use for the band saw, is in cutting irregular shapes and is also used in re-sawing or ripping lumber into thinner slabs. A band saw also makes the smoothest cuts and, with appropriate blade, can be used to cut materials other than wood, including soft metal.
This have a Magnetic base which makes the surface flat while drilling holes. Drilling is a cutting process that uses a drill bit to cut a hole of circular cross-section in solid materials. The bit is pressed against the work-piece and rotated at rates from hundreds to thousands of revolutions per minute. It can be used with various tools like Drilling, Boring, etc.
A lathe is a machine that rotates the work-piece on its axis to perform various operations such as turning, facing, knurling, drilling, threading, parting, with tools that are applied to the work-piece to create an object with symmetry about an axis of rotation. It has a 3 Jaw chuck of Ø 100 mm with main spindle bore of Ø 20 mm.
Scroll saws are often used to cut intricate curves and joints, a task they can complete quickly and with great accuracy. They can also be used to cut dovetail joints and are a common tool for thicker intarsia projects. When a fine blade is used, the kerf of a scroll saw is all but invisible.
A usually power-driven saw with a narrow vertical blade, use to cut sharp curves.
A ShopBot is an amazing do-all tool for precisely cutting, carving, drilling or machining all kinds of things from all kinds of materials. With a ShopBot, you use the included software to design your parts on your personal computer, then, like a robot, the computer controls the cutter to precisely cut your parts
Plasma cutter sends pressurized gas, through a small channel. In the center of this channel, there's a negatively charged electrode to which when power is applied and the nozzle tip is touched to the metal, the connection creates a circuit. A powerful spark is generated between the electrode and the metal. As the inert gas passes through the channel, the spark heats the gas until it reaches the fourth state of matter. This Plasma Cutter can cut upto 15 mm thick Metal sheets.
Milling Machine uses rotary cutters to remove material from a work-piece by feeding in a direction at an angle with the axis of the tool. It has motor of 1.4kW with 3000 rpm. The Max. working size of the Bed is 450x180 mm, with longitudinal X-Axis 260 mm, transverse Y-axis 150 mm, and vertical Z-axis 280 mm.
In reciprocating saw the cutting action is achieved through a push and pull reciprocating motion of the blade. It provides the ability to cut through the toughest materials with ease, speed and comfort.
A power shear is electrically powered hand tool used to blank large pieces of sheet metal. This is used to cut straight lines and relatively large radius curves.
Grinder uses a grinding wheel for surface grinding to produce a smooth finish on flat surfaces. It is a abrasive machining process in which a spinning wheel covered in rough particles (grinding wheel) cuts chips of metallic or nonmetallic substance from a workpiece, making a face of it flat or smooth.
A miter saw is a saw used to make accurate crosscuts and miters in a work piece. A laser guide provides a precise visual indication of where the cut will be positioned on the work piece. Easily accessed controls for quick and accurate bevel settings base with built-in cast sliding extensions for speed track sliding fences for easy bevel set-ups and increased crown molding cutting capacities. Dual sliding rail design gives the saw superior accuracy. Equipped with an electric brake for quick, repetitive cuts. Stops the blade in seconds.